HELP WITH SERIOUS ILLNESS
If you are caring for someone with a serious illness, you don’t have to manage alone.
Living with a serious illness like COPD, CHF, dementia, cancer, ALS, liver and kidney disease can feel overwhelming, stressful and even frightening. It’s hard to know where to turn for the extra care your love one needs and get real support for you as their caregiver. When symptoms begin to become more distressing there may come a time when caring for a seriously ill loved one becomes more than you can handle alone. We offer an extra layer of support to individuals living with serious illness and to their families who care for them. We can help control symptoms, ease pain, reduce hospitalizations, ease stress and improve comfort and quality of life.
How We Help Those Living with Serious Illness
- Advance Care Coordinators can help guide you to the care and services that best support your current needs and wishes
- Prevention of hospital stays and ER visits
- Management of the symptoms, pain, stress, and anxiety that come with serious illness
- Full support from our team of physicians, nurses, CNAs, social workers, chaplains and volunteers
- Access to a nurse 24/7 for symptom management
- Education about medication and how to cope with issues related to the illness
- Patient-focused, whole-person care addressing physical, emotional, social and spiritual needs
- Help to understand your loved one’s disease, its progression and how to prepare for changing needs
- Caregiver support, education and resources so you feel less overwhelmed and more confident in your caregiving role